The wide network of legacy analog cameras is becoming increasingly expensive and difficult to replace. In the future, digital video recorders (DVRs) that convert analog images into digital format for transmission over an IP network are likely to be a critical component of video surveillance solutions.
IP surveillance is a digitized and networked version of closed-circuit television (CCTV). In an IP surveillance system, an IP camera records video footage and the resulting content is distributed over an IP (Internet protocol) network.
Digitization offers a number of benefits over traditional analog CCTV, including:
- Improved Video Analytics & Detailed search capability.
- Greater ease of use.
- Better quality images and no degradation of content over time.
- The ability to record and play simultaneously.
- The ability to compress content for improved storage.
Adding networking capability to digital CCTV provides additional benefits, including:
- Improved ability for remote viewing and control. Live images can generate alarms using video analysisalgorithms. Anyone on the network can potentially see video from any camera connected to the network.
- IP Storage makes video analytics easy and it is possible to store data in any geographic location.
- Greater ease of distribution.Live images of a crime suspect, for example, can be immediately distributed to officials over the 3G/Wireless/LAN networks.
- The ability to connect to email and other communications systems so that alerts can be sent automatically
In providing you a complete solution,Ascent Networks is your single point of accountability so you can have confidence that your project will roll out smoothly, with optimum performance and stability. We bring you trailblazing propositions such as our guarantee never to drop a frame and a unique distributed architecture with no single point of failure. Our solutions entail various factors and include a wide range of technology traits as below :
- Resilient Architecture
- Standalone &Network Cameras
- Encoders & Decoders
- Scene Tracker
- Video Analytics